What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a convenient service that enables you to deposit checks to your Bull’s Eye checking account from anywhere, just by using Android TM phones, the iPod® and iPhone® from any location with secure internet access. Take a picture of the front and back of your check and submit the image for credit to your checking account.
What devices can I use to make Mobile Deposits?
BECU supports mobile deposits through our mobile apps for Apple and Android. The minimum requirements for Apple are: iPhone 3GS or newer, iPod touch 4G, iPad 2, and iPad Mini, and for Android: Smartphones with Android 2.1 Operating System or greater.
Do I need to register for Online Banking to use Mobile Deposit?
Yes. Your account must be registered in online banking. Please use the same credentials to log into Bull’s Eye Credit Union’s app.
Who is eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is available to members of Bull’s Eye Credit Union that are in good standing. At this time, Mobile Deposit is only available with personal accounts, not business accounts.
Is there a fee to use Mobile Deposit?
No, Mobile Deposit is free service provided to BECU members. However, if a check is returned for any reason, fees/charges apply. Please refer to our fee schedule at becu.net. Data rates may apply from your wireless carrier.
How do I access Mobile Deposit?
1. Install the BECU Mobile Banking app from the App store or the Google Play Store
2. Launch the Mobile Banking app on your phone
3. Select your Checking Account
When does the check deposit credit my account?
Checks deposited before 3pm CST Monday – Friday will be available the next business day. Checks deposited after 3pm CST Monday – Friday or on weekends or holidays will be available the day following the next business day.
What type of account can I make mobile deposits into?
You may deposit to your BECU checking account.
What types of checks can I deposit?
* Mobile Deposit can be used for personal and business
* Checks drawn on US financial institutions and in US currency.
* Checks must be payable to the owner of the account and must be endorsed on the back.
What is the maximum dollar limit that I can deposit via Mobile Deposit?
The daily limit that members can deposit is $3,000.00. That amount can be all in a single check or the total of multiple checks.
How many checks can I deposit using Mobile Deposit?
Checks can be deposited one at a time.
Can I cancel my deposit once it has been submitted?
No, deposits cannot be canceled.
How should I endorse a Mobile Deposit check?
In the endorsement area on the back of the check, you must include the following information:
1. The Payee’s signature
2. The words “For Mobile Deposit Only”
3. Your Bull’s Eye Credit Union Account Number
Note: Checks may be declined for deposit if not endorsed properly.
What are some tips on taking a good photo of my check?
* Make sure the check is not folded or torn
* Lay check on a dark, flat surface in a well-lit area when taking pictures
* Keep hands clear of the check with photographing
* Take picture vertically above the check, not at an angle
What do I do with my paper check after it is deposited?
Keep the check for 90 days after depositing it with mobile deposit. After 90 days, please destroy (shred).
Will I have immediate access to the funds?
Funds will be verified for authenticity
Can loan payments made through Mobile Deposit?
While you can’t apply an item directly to a loan, you can use the transfer feature within the mobile app Loan payments cannot be made through Mobile Deposit as the funds are directly deposited to your BECU checking account. However, the can be made through our online banking service.
When can I use Mobile Deposit?
Checks can be scanned 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
When will the deposits be posted to may account and be available for use?
Please refer to our Funds Availability Policy to find out how soon your deposit will be available for your use.
Are there any types of checks that cannot be submitted using Mobile Deposit?
* Foreign Checks
* Savings Bonds
* Travelers Checks
* Checks with Multiple Payees
* Money Orders
* Any item drawn on your credit union account
* Any item “stale dated” or “post dated”
* Any item incomplete (i.e. missing the date, missing the payee, etc.)
* Any item that contains evidence of alterations to the information on the check
* Any item stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark
* Any third party check (any item that is made payable to another party and then endorsed to me by such a party)
What doesn’t my current checking account balance reflect my recent Mobile Deposit?
There may be several reasons this may occur:
* If you did not receive a confirmation for your deposit, the deposit was not successful and you need to redo the deposit.
* The deposit hasn’t posted yet. Deposits posted, and it may me made after 3pm CST will post the following business day.
* It is possible that the funds are being held. Checks deposited through Mobile Deposit are subject to the hold schedule in our listed in our Mobile Deposit User Agreement.
If you have additional questions, please call us at 715.423.2650.
If my phone is lost or stolen, is my information safe? Yes. Financial information and login details are never stored on your mobile phone when you use mobile banking or mobile deposit.